Salary and Benefits
- Medical Insurance: This policy is underwritten by American Heritage Life Insurance Company. This plan provides coverage for the employee, the spouse of an eligible employee (unless legally separated or divorced), unmarried children under age 19. Each insured individual is initially covered for a lifetime maximum amount of $5,000,000.
- Level term group life insurance underwritten by ReliaStar/ING provides $50,000 of life insurance for all eligible employees with an additional $10,000 in the event of accidental death and dismemberment.
- All active full-time College of Medicine housestaff members working at least 30 hours a week are provided Long Term Disability insurance. The policy is underwritten by ReliaStar/ING. The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of the first $4167 monthly salary to a maximum monthly benefit of $2,500 reduced by benefit offsets. The benefits as set forth under this policy will begin after the insured’s sixth month of total disability. The maximum benefit period due to sickness and accident is to age 65. A specially designed individual Disability Policy is available at any time during your residency. A guaranteed policy is available upon conclusion of your residency. This policy is underwritten by Principal Financial and many features oriented towards the medical community are available. For information pertaining to this special feature, please contact Holloway Financial, Inc. (352) 377-2078 or 800-330-4628.
- Pursuant to Section 768.28, Florida Statutes, the University of Florida Board of Trustees is exclusively responsible for any civil claims or actions arising from the acts of its employees and agents. The UF BOT is protected for such liabilities by the J. Hillis Miller Health Center Self-Insurance Program (UF SIP), a self-insurance program managed by a governing council created by the Florida Board of Governors that is chaired by the Sr. Vice President for Health Affairs. As an employee of the University of Florida (UF), you are personally immune from civil liabilities which may arise from acts or omissions committed by you in the course of your employment. UF SIP affords you personal professional liability protection while you act as a Good Samaritan, while you are involved in community service work, which has been pre-approved by your college, or if you are on a job assignment outside of Florida. UF SIP also provides defense costs for certain licensure investigations by the Department of Health. If you have questions regarding professional liability, please contact the UF SIP Director at 352-273-7006.
- $258/year covered spot at a short walk
- $564/year covered spot next to hospital/ER
- Free – Supplementary parking pass allows parking in visitor area for inter-hospital travel.
- During General Surgery, meal tickets (equivalent to $3) are provided for each call period. They are redeemable at Shands cafeteria, Wendy’s, TCBY, and Pizza Inn.
- Shands – Cafeteria, Staff Cafeteria, Wendy’s Hamburgers, Pizza Inn TCBY, Chik-fil-a, Deli, 2 daytime coffee shops.
- VAMC – Cafeteria AGH – Complimentary Physicians Cafeteria