Men’s Health Month is celebrated in June across the country with screenings, health fairs, media appearances, and other health education and outreach activities.
Dr. Larry Yeung was a recent guest on WCJB’s Medical Segment. He discussed the importance of men’s health, annual checkups and steps to improve overall health.
- Age 18 -Men should have blood pressure checked every 2 – 3 years
- Age 35 – Men should have cholesterol checked annually
- Age 40 – Men should have blood pressure checked annually
- Age 50 – Men should be screened for colon cancer
- Age 55 – Men should be screened for prostate cancer
Urological symptoms not to ignore:
- Difficulty Urinating
- Frequent Urination
- Pain while Urinating
- Blood in Urine
- Erectile Dysfunction
To see the full story from WCJB, click here.