Meet Dr. Hemant Chaparala, UF Urology Endourology/Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellow

doctor chaparala is wearing a white doctors coat.  he has on a white collared shirt and a red tie.

UF Urology is excited to welcome Dr. Hemant Chaparala as our Endourology/Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellow.

What are you looking forward to most this year?

• I chose University of Florida for fellowship because of the opportunities to work with Drs. Su, Bird, Canales, Terry, and Brisbane. My goal is to become an expert in complex robotic and stone cases. Moreover, I will have the opportunity to learn focal therapy with Dr. Brisbane. 

Advice for new chiefs:

• I would treat every case as if you were the attending instead of lapsing into auto-pilot. I made a guide for each attending’s instruments, steps, and preferences for a case. I found that it helped consolidate my learning with each attending and framed the case as my own. 

To learn more about Dr. Chaparala please visit https://bit.ly/3ePvi8a.

US NEW AND WORLD REPORT BEST HOSPITALS BADGE. IT IS A GOLD SHIELD WITH THE WORDS BEST HOSPITALS WRITTEN IN BLACK AT THE TOP. A BLUE BANNER WITH THE WORDS US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT IN WHITE. BELOW THE BLUE BANNER ARE THE WORDS NATIONAL WITH UROLOGY ON THE NEXT LINE. THE DATE 2020 - 21 IS AT THE BOTTOM IN WHITE.

Ranked as the #17 urology program in the nation by U.S. News & World Report