Meet Dr. Jordan Matthews-Smith, UF Urology PGY1

doctor jordan smith's professional photo. she is dressed in a white doctors coat with a blue shirt.

Jordan Matthews-Smith, MD
University of South Alabama College of Medicine
Mobile, AL

doctor jordan smith and her husband cason in her living room. they are sitting on a cream sofa..  their  Portuguese Water Dog named Jefferson is sitting on the floor by their feet.

My husband Cason and I have been married for four years. We met at the University of Virginia, where we both attended college (Go Hoos!). We have a Portuguese Water Dog named Jefferson, who is fluffy and adorable. 

Why Urology?

• I became interested in Urology as a 3rd year medical student after rotating on the service for my 2 week surgery elective. Urology as a specialty uniquely combines being on the cutting edge of surgical technology, longitudinal relationships with patients, and the opportunity to enhance quality of life for patients. Urologists also have a lot of fun!  As an outgoing, upbeat person, I felt that I fit in well with other Urologists I met across institutions. 

What are you looking forward to?

• I’m most looking forward to developing new relationships this year. I’m excited to work with and get to know my attendings, my co-residents, hospital staff and patients. Teamwork is one of my favorite aspects of working and learning in healthcare, and I know the healthcare teams at UF are some of the best. I fully anticipate that the relationships I form during my 5 year long residency will be lasting and life impacting. 

What are your hobbies?

• I love to cook and try out new recipes! My favorite recipe sources include my grandmother, my mother-in-law, Giada De Laurentis, Ina Garten, and the whole host of Pinterest internet food bloggers, especially Elisabeth & Butter. My husband and I love having friends over to share a meal, play board games, and to celebrate birthdays & holidays. I love rooting for my alma mater, the University of Virginia Cavaliers, especially during basketball season. I also have enjoyed rooting for the Gators my entire life, as my mom is an alumna of the University of Florida. 

US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT BADGES

Florida’s Leading Academic Urology Program

Rated as High Performing Urology Program

Rated as High Performing in Prostate Cancer Surgery