Meet Dr. Trisha Nguyen, UF Urology PGY1

doctor Trisha Nguyen is in her doctors white coat. she has on a blue shirt.

Trisha Nguyen, MD
Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Miami, FL

doctor Trisha Nguyen and her boyfriend with mickey mouse.

I have a strong support system in my parents, sister, friends, and boyfriend. 

Why Urology?

• Throughout medical school, I kept searching for that one field I was passionate about, so when I stumbled across urology by chance, it felt like kismet. I love the innovation and technology that drives this field, the tools that urologists get to play with in surgery, the good humor and compassion I’ve seen in every urologist, and the wide variety of subspecialties within this field. 

What are you most looking forward to?

• I am looking forward to honing my surgical skills, strengthening my foundational knowledge, and building bonds with my fellow residents!

What are your hobbies?

• Going to Disney World/Disneyland, outdoor activities, baking, cooking, watching musical theater.

Got a funny story?

• I used to dislike working out, so as motivation to stay active, my friend and I made a bet to work out every day. The first person to stop their workout streak would have to run a half-marathon. After two months, I ended up losing by accidentally falling asleep one day and not waking up in time to work out. I ran the Hollywood Half Marathon with almost no running experience – I couldn’t walk the next day, but it turned out to be quite fun! 

US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT BADGES

Florida’s Leading Academic Urology Program

Rated as High Performing Urology Program

Rated as High Performing in Prostate Cancer Surgery