The Urology section of North Florida/South Georgia Veterans health system is seeking a board eligible/certified Fellowship-Trained Urologic Oncologist to join a mature oncology practice with three full-time and one part-time urologist.
The North Florida/South Georgia Malcom Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center is the largest VA in the United States and is located in Gainesville, FL. Last year, the urology service had ~10,000 patient visits and performed ~800 surgeries and draws from a large catchment area. A new urology clinic opened in 2012. The candidate should have broad experience with all aspects of surgical and office based urologic oncology and will be responsible for laparoscopic, endoscopic and open complex urologic oncology surgery from pre-operative evaluation to post-operative follow up. The candidate will be expected to serve as a mentor and teacher for urology residents and medical students from UF Health Shands Hospital at the University of Florida College of Medicine. You will also supervise mid-level providers; there are six in the practice. Protected time for research is available for interested applicants who seek to expand their research careers. Qualified applicants will receive an academic appointment at the University of Florida College of Medicine at the appropriate rank.
Tour of Duty:
- Full-Time; Mon-Fri; 7:30am-4:00pm (Physicians are also responsible for on-call duties as assigned, in rotation, and to comply with procedures regarding on-call responsibilities.)
- Must be a US citizen and be proficient in written and spoken English
- Must be urology board eligible/certified
- Must have completed a urologic oncology fellowship at an institution approved by the Society of Urologic Oncology
How to Apply
- All applicants are encouraged to apply online but may apply via Fax (instructions are below). You may also express your interest, obtain additional information about the position, or seek application assistance by emailing your C.V. to the Physician Recruiter, Roberta.Hirneise@va.gov (Physician Recruiter).