- All housestaff employees, appointed at 0.50 FTE and higher, are provided GatorCare health insurance (for themselves and spouse/domestic partner and children up to age 26) and life insurance. Additionally, long-term disability insurance is included for housestaff employees appointed at 0.75 FTE and higher. These plans are provided at no bi-weekly cost to the employee, as the premiums are employer-paid. Each of these plans begins on the employee’s date of hire.
- For more details, please see COM Housestaff Benefit Eligibility., Employee Benefits Overview – Residents & Housestaff
Housestaff receive up to 15 days annual leave and 10 days sick leave each year. Housestaff are eligible for up to 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave.
- Housestaff receive up to 20 days paid time off for qualified FMLA events.
- For more information, click the links below or contact GME Director, Housestaff Affairs, Diana Morris, B.A.S., C-TAGME, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The College of Medicine provides housestaff $50K of Life Insurance and $10K of Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. These plans are provided at no bi-weekly cost to the employee, as the premiums are employer-paid. For more details, please see COM Housestaff Benefit Eligibility.
- Beginning July 1, 2020, housestaff are provided short term disability insurance.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance is provided to housestaff members appointed at 0.75 FTE and higher. This plan is designed to provide income when an employee is unable to work for at least a 180-day period. The plan provides for 60% (up to $2500 / month) of salary on a tax-free basis. The definition of disability is “specialty specific” and benefits may continue, in cases of permanent disability, until Social Security Normal Retirement Age. For a copy of the policy and additional plan details, please see our COM Policy Documents Page. Additionally, for graduating housestaff, a long-term disability plan is available. To receive the guarantee-issue provision, applicants must apply prior to graduation of their program and must not have been previously denied while applying for another disability plan.
- While malpractice insurance is provided to housestaff members, it is not included in the benefits package. Rather, it is administered by the Self-Insurance Program.
- For more information, please refer to the following links : Self-Insurance Program/Professional Liability; F.A.Q. Professional Liability
- $528.00 per year ($22.00 per pay period)
- Resident Decal: Allows holder to park in Blue Striped, Orange, Green, Red 1 and All Red, “Any Decal”, and Brown (except where signage prohibits Official Business decals) parking area.
- See parking map with all these locations: http://parking.ufl.edu/parking-at-uf/parking-map
For more information about housestaff benefits, please click here.