The University of Florida Urologic Cancer Center at UF Health provides a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cancers of the prostate, bladder, kidney, adrenal gland, testis and penis.
Patients referred to the UF Urologic Cancer Center receive prompt evaluation and coordinated, compassionate cancer care by a multidisciplinary team of highly trained UF physician specialists and healthcare professionals from the departments of:
- Radiation Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Social Services
All aspects of patient care, from the initial visit and evaluation through treatment, recovery and follow-up consultations, are coordinated by the dedicated urologic cancer nurse coordinator to guarantee patients receive the smoothest, most efficient and best care possible. Following a complete patient assessment and diagnostic evaluation, the multidisciplinary team collaborates to develop individualized patient treatment plans utilizing the latest in genetic profiling, minimally invasive surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. This coordinated approach to patient care results in outstanding outcomes and improved quality of life for the patient.
Advanced therapies and services utilized by the UF Urologic Cancer Center include:
- Open, laparoscopic, robotic, nerve-sparing and salvage surgeries
- Total, focal and salvage cryosurgery
- Ablative therapy (radiofrequency ablation or cryosurgery)
- External Beam Radiotherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) & Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Systemic therapy including chemotherapy and target therapy
- Access to clinical trials
To schedule an appointment or refer a patient to the UF Urologic Cancer Center, call 352.273.8675